To use the Alaska Airlines Companion Fare, follow these steps:
- Ensure you have an eligible Alaska Airlines credit card, such as the Alaska Airlines Visa® card or the Alaska Airlines Visa® Business card.
- The Companion Fare Discount code will be credited to the primary cardholder’s Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan™ account. New cardholders will earn a Companion Fare as part of the welcome bonus, and then an annual Companion Fare starting at $99 base fare plus taxes and fees from $23 after spending $6,000 or more on purchases within the prior anniversary year.
- Log in to your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan account.
- Under “Account,” click the dropdown box and select the “discount/companion fare codes” link.
- Click the “shop” button on the discount code you want to use. This will automatically apply your Companion Fare code to the new reservation.
- Your Companion Fare code can be applied to a new reservation made at alaskaair.com for Alaska Airlines flights only. Both passengers must be booked in the same itinerary, travel on the same flights, and be ticketed at the same time.
- The Companion Fare is valid for roundtrip, one-way, and multi-city travel. It is only valid for tickets booked in economy, though all economy fare classes are included. You can travel throughout Alaska Airlines’ route network, including to Alaska, Hawaii, and international destinations.
- Both travelers will accrue miles on the tickets.
- The Companion Fare must be redeemed on alaskaair.com by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on the expiration date, which is generally 12 months after being issued (though travel can occur after the expiration date) .
- You do not have to be one of the travelers to use your Companion Fare. However, you must use your Alaska card to pay for the tickets.
Please note that the Companion Fare is only valid on Alaska-operated flights and cannot be used for award travel or travel that includes segments on any partner airlines.