Spirit Airlines, known for its ultra-low-cost fares, has made significant strides in enhancing the in-flight experience for its passengers by offering Wi-Fi services on its Airbus A320 and A321 aircraft. This article provides a comprehensive review of Spirit Airlines’ Wi-Fi, covering its refund policy, user reviews, pricing, speed, and how to connect to the service.
If you encounter any issues while using Spirit Airlines Wi-Fi and wish to request a refund, you can do so by completing the refund request form on the airline’s website. You will need to provide your Wi-Fi purchase receipt number, which can be found on the email receipt you received when you purchased the Wi-Fi. If you pre-purchased a Wi-Fi voucher before your flight, you will need to include the voucher code as well.
Spirit Airlines Wi-Fi has received mixed reviews from users. Some passengers have praised the service for its affordability and functionality, while others have reported issues with reliability. However, it is important to note that the airline is continuously working on improving the reliability of its Wi-Fi service.
Spirit Airlines offers two Wi-Fi pricing plans based on the duration of the flight:
- Browsing Plan: Ideal for browsing the web, email, chat, and social media, starting at $5.99 per flight.
- Streaming Plan: Suitable for streaming, web browsing, email, chat, and social media with a speed 20 times faster than the browsing package, starting at $6.99 per flight.
Passengers can purchase Wi-Fi plans online or onboard the flight by connecting to the “Spirit_WiFi” network and visiting spiritwifi.com.
Spirit Airlines claims to offer the fastest Wi-Fi service of any U.S.-based airline, with speeds of up to 400 megabits per second (Mbps) . The Wi-Fi service is powered by Thales’ FlytLIVE, which is delivered over the high-powered SES-17 satellite. By September 2022, all FlytLIVE-enabled planes are expected to be connected to the SES-17 satellite, further enhancing the Wi-Fi service’s speed and reliability.
How to Connect to Spirit Airlines Wi-Fi
To connect to Spirit Airlines Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
- Turn on Airplane Mode on your device.
- Connect to the “Spirit_WiFi” Wi-Fi network.
- Open a web browser and visit spiritwifi.com.
- Select a Wi-Fi plan and complete the payment process.
Additional Tips and Tricks
- You can pre-purchase WiFi while booking your flight by looking for the WiFi symbol under the A la Smarte option.
- If you have a voucher for WiFi, visit SpiritWifi.com and choose “I have a voucher” to redeem it.
- Some aircraft have USB ports for charging electronic devices.
- Spirit Airlines has partnered with Thales, an aerospace company, to provide high-speed WiFi on its routes in the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean.
If you need further assistance or have questions about Spirit WiFi, you can contact Spirit Airlines Customer Support at +1-800-504-6979.
In conclusion, Spirit Airlines Wi-Fi offers an affordable and fast in-flight internet experience for its passengers. While there have been some concerns about reliability, the airline is actively working on improving its Wi-Fi service. With competitive pricing and plans tailored to different usage needs, Spirit Airlines Wi-Fi is a valuable addition to the airline’s in-flight offerings.
For travelers wishing to travel with WiFi, JetBlue’s WiFI is the best (also entirely free to use). Southwest’s WiFi, United WiFi, Alaska Airlines WiFi, and Delta WiFi are good choices if you want to chat via WhatsApp or iMessage.
Table of Contents