Here’s a comprehensive guide on Spirit Airlines’ carry on size policy and personal item size policy.
Spirit Carry-On Size
Spirit Airlines has a strict carry-on size policy. Passengers are allowed one personal item and one carry-on bag. The personal item must fit under the seat in front of you and cannot exceed the following dimensions:
- 18 inches x 14 inches x 8 inches
The carry-on bag must fit in the overhead bin and cannot exceed the following dimensions:
- 22 inches x 18 inches x 10 inches
If your carry-on bag exceeds these dimensions, it will be considered a checked bag and may be subject to a fee.
A personal item is a small bag that can fit under the seat in front of you. Some examples of personal items include:
- Laptop bags
- Small backpacks
- Diaper bags
- Camera bags
- Fanny packs
A carry-on bag is a larger bag that can fit in the overhead bin. Some examples of carry-on bags include:
- Rolling suitcases
- Duffel bags
- Beach chairs
- Golf bags
- Musical instruments
Exceptions to the Carry-On Size Policy
There are a few exceptions to Spirit’s carry-on size policy. These exceptions include:
- Passengers traveling with infants in arms are allowed to bring a second personal item, such as a stroller or car seat.
- Passengers traveling with disabilities may be allowed to bring a larger personal item, such as a mobility device.
- Spirit A-List Preferred Members may be allowed to bring a larger carry-on bag.
What to Do If Your Carry-On Bag is Too Large
If your carry-on bag exceeds the allowed dimensions, it will be considered a checked bag and may be subject to a fee. The cost of checking a carry-on bag varies depending on the destination and the type of ticket you have purchased.
How to Avoid Having Your Carry-On Bag Checked at the Gate
To avoid having your carry-on bag checked at the gate, make sure it fits within the allowed dimensions. You can also check the dimensions of your carry-on bag before you arrive at the airport by using Spirit’s online baggage calculator.
Benefits of Bringing a Carry-On Bag
There are several benefits to bringing a carry-on bag on a Spirit flight, including:
- You can bring more items with you on the plane.
- You can keep your carry-on bag close to you during the flight.
- You can avoid having to pay a fee to check your carry-on bag.
Drawbacks of Bringing a Carry-On Bag
There are a few drawbacks to bringing a carry-on bag on a Spirit flight, including:
- Your carry-on bag may take up space in the overhead bin.
- You may have to put your carry-on bag under the seat in front of you, which can be difficult if you are sitting in an exit row or a bulkhead seat.
- You may have to pay a fee to check your carry-on bag if it exceeds the allowed dimensions.
Overall, Spirit’s carry-on size policy is relatively strict. Passengers are allowed to bring a variety of items on the plane, as long as they fit within the allowed dimensions. By following these tips, you can avoid having your carry-on bag checked at the gate and enjoy a more convenient flight.
Leave a Reply